Saturday, August 18, 2012

Quilt Shop Hop

Hubby and I took a trip to Michigan last weekend as part of our anniversary get-away.  It was a relaxing, enjoyable time for us.  We've been married 25 years this past August 8th.

I've mentioned in posts past that hubby is a good sport about my quilting.  We did find the quilt shop we looked for in July.  It's in Bluffton, OH... Forever in Stitches.  I spent a few dollars in that place with hubby helping. He added a project or two to my to-do list.  *grin*

This is what I picked up @ Forever in Stitches.  I'm thinking of making a Christmas wall-hanging with the reindeer, snowmen and penguins.  Gray fabric (2 1-yard pieces in the backgroun) are for the final nephew quilt.
Over the next three days, these are the quilt shops in Michigan we visited.
The Quilters Garden in Fenton, MI
Jennifer's Garden in Pinckney, MI --
 I liked these for pillowcases I'd like to make for our guest room.
The Quilting Season in Saline, MI --
 I like fall colors and want to enhance a fall wall hanging I started years ago.

and finally Quality Quilting in Ann Arbor.
 I also have a black and red quilt on my to-do list so these may go toward that project.

We didn't just visit quilt shops, that wouldn't have been fair to hubby.  We met friends and had dinner in Windsor, Ontario with them.  Nice meal, nice company.  We didn't want the evening to end but they had to work the next day and have small children. 

I spent all day Saturday in my quilt room trying to finish up my quilting projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment