Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Applique Wall Hanging


Applique is not my speciality -- I prefer piecing but I promised Sis #1 that I'd make a wall hanging for the learning center she runs. A kit has been purchased through Connecting Threads and now I'm adapting it.  The original plan called for a mom possum with babies to hang from the tree branch which I extended  It didn't work out.  The possum was scary looking to me.  This will be in a toddler room where they are to nap.  So the game plan now is to add a rope swing, move the words "Patch" down along the grass line and then begin piecing the borders.
 


I pinned the tree trunk and the top instead of using adhesive to keep them flat so it's a little poufy.  My sis says that's fine.  Hopefully I can finish the rest so it will look nice.  Once I'm through the applique phase,  I will be a happy quilter. 

Other excitement would be that I'm working on a baby afghan for my oldest son's 2nd child who should be arriving in February sometime.  Mom and baby are doing okay.  The afghan is a shell-type stitch done up in yellow and white.  Very pretty.  I'm thinking of doing a layette set as well.  Then I'd like to do something for the baby's older sister -- saw the cutest hoodie sweater and the directions are on Ravelry. https://www.ravelry.com 


Hubby thinks green would be a nice color for Granddaughter #1.  I'm inclined to agree.

So that's what I've been up to plus assisting DS#2 (dear son #2) and his GF (girlfriend) with lodging logistics.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment