Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Peanut Butter & .....

jelly as in jelly rolls.  *laugh*  Okay, so it's not that kind of jelly.  Hubby just shakes his head when I share my jelly rolls or talk with him in quilter lingo.  That's okay as I don't understand him sometimes either which is obvious by the blank look on my face.


I had to buy a twin to the jelly roll my friend Janet (GA quilting buddy) sent me for my birthday so I can make a bigger 1600 jelly roll quilt at the sew-in I'm attending in September.  As you can see, I also picked up additional fabrics.  The paisley tucked in on the left side (2nd up) is really pretty and may just sit in my stash for a little bit.  The blues (right side) and gray will probably go into a quilt for my nephew. 

For the September sew-in, I need to bring 26 or is it 28 2.5" strips of fabric for a swap.  So I thought I might cut up the green toward that goal.

Then hubby mentioned taking a ride up I-75 to a quilt shop he had seen advertised driving up to Michigan.  I thought I'd try to find out online which quilt shop it could be and found a couple close to I-75N but not right off the exit. 

After driving for a couple of hours, we figured it's up a lot closer to Michigan than he realized.   Being the good sport that he is, he stopped at a Hobby Lobby outside of Dayton where I picked up fat quarters to match the jelly roll and charm pack Janet had sent me. 

Then we headed to Waynesville, OH, to see if we could find the Fabric Shack!  I'd seen online that they had an Oh-la-la jelly roll in blue and it might be just what I needed for my nephew's quilt.  Sadly, they didn't have the blue one that I could find.  However, I did not leave unhappy as I found a manly jelly roll called 1862 Battle Hymn by Moda.

By the end of the weekend, I had decided to cut up my blue and gray fabrics for my nephew's quilt and use the Moda for the quilt exchange. 

What do you think of my fancy rolling job?  It's not that easy.


Happy quilting!  I need to sign off and get to work on finishing my 4th of July quilt so I can get working on a new project.



No comments:

Post a Comment