Saturday, July 7, 2012

Summer Sun in Cincinnati

It was 104 here in places today!  This transplanted Yankee stayed inside as much as possible after an early afternoon run to Costco. 



Hubby and youngest son finished up his stone wall on the 4th of July while I stayed inside quilting.  They were both drenched when they came in. 

In the first picture they are removing the dirt and concrete that are in the second picture.  I need to snap one of the way it is now... ready for planting.  The corner gets partial shade and full sun for part of the day so I'm thinking of planting hydrangea's.  Hubby would like to include a few knock out roses.  He likes those plants. 


Top is my 4th of July quilt .. I'm working on the flying geese for a border with the gold stars for each corner.  Also completed my Crafts BOM for June... a bit late but done.  Now to finish up July's BOM -- dresden plates.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a little cooler.  It's finally cooled to 83 degrees at 11 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment