Friday, July 13, 2012

TGIF! July 13th

The day began with a phone call from my youngest.  "Mom, my car died and I'm stuck by the side of the road."  Words a mom hates to hear.  Turns out it is something fixable -- yeah for dads!  The part won't be in until Tuesday though so he will be getting rides to and from work til his vehicle is back running again. 

Well, my birthday celebration began last Friday night when I received a text from a quilting buddy in Georgia. She had sent me a package with a jelly roll and a charm pack. I also received the sweetest card from my sister who lives in Florida.  Loved the wrapping paper too.  It's a paisley jelly roll.

Naturally I went online to find some jelly roll quilt patterns and found the '1600 quilt' on you tube. 

Saturday we went to Costco to replenish our pantry and freezer and I picked up a few things.  Hubby bought me a twin composter that we will be putting together and a gardening tool kit.  It has a bag with pockets and tools, gloves, hose attachment.


Sunday was breakfast out with youngest son and hubby and time spent quilting.  Monday through today I received a birthday card or two each day from family and friends.  It's been a very enjoyable celebration.  I used birthday money to find a matching jelly roll to make the 1600 quilt and register for a sew-in with the local guild.  They are hosting it in September from 10-4 and I'm psyched as I've never attended one.

Took time to finish the July Craftsy blocks of the month -- one of my favorite blocks -- the dresden plate. 


Now to return to finish the July 4th wall hanging, make a few more maple leaf/log cabin blocks.  I want to begin work on a quilt my sister has commissioned for the community day care center she manages as well as the quilt for one of my nephews.

Weekend will be crazy busy though.  Lately they have been.  So I'll get done what I get done which will hopefully include housework.  *grin*

Blessings ~~ Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment