Saturday, November 19, 2011

Upcoming Holidays

Just came back from a visit to New England to visit family and friends.  It was great to see them.  My niece hand sews (due to not having a machine) and is working on an awesome apron.  She sewed down rick rack as a divider for the pockets.  Wish I had a picture to post as it was neat. 

At the last guild meeting I attended, a member showed how to make cathedral window pin cushions.  So I showed my niece (hand sewing of course) how to make some.  Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to complete a pin cushion.



Definitely need to figure out this blogging as I have so much I'd like to share. 

Thanksgiving is just me and hubby as one son is in upstate NY with his family and the other in Cincinnati with his fiance.  Hoping to get some quilting time in but of course, that means I need to get my sewing room organized and set up.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Hey sis congrats on your blog. Maybe this will inspire your niece to finish her apron. Looking forward to pics. Love Ya tons and have a great holiday. Bert

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you started this and am interested and watching it grow. WIll you be sharing how to make catherdral window pin cushions on here? I would like to learn how.

    Happy Thanksgiving
    ~Martha

    ReplyDelete