Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Miniature Quilts

I have a few quilts that I've made or in the process of making that I want to make miniatures of to keep for myself. 

I've made a 'cat' quilt for my sister who lives in Florida -- she loves cats and at the time she was alone in Florida. I wanted her to know that she was loved. 

Yvonne with quilt

This quilt is a WIP and long overdue.  It's one of the graduation series and because it is long overdue, I'm thinking it needs to be a full size quilt.  I began the graduation quilt series with twin size quilts, downgraded to lap quilts due to the number I had to make but now with the next three seriously overdue (high school graduations happened years ago) with two of the recipients having gotten married and had children (who received baby quilts), a full size might be a good idea.


Finished it should look similar to the following a pattern called COSMOS from Easy Quilts Magazine.  I chose this pattern because it's vibrant and the recipient is an artist.  I am hoping to machine quilt it with sunbeams radiating from the center of each block but we'll see.  I'm new at machine quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment