Saturday, September 15, 2012

Applique Top is Done!

I finished the top.  Once I figured out what to do with the applique (it looked a little scary, my thought, with the 'possum' hanging from the tree with her sleeping babies) portion, the rest was easy.


So I decided to remove the possum and her sleeping babies but had to replace it with something as I 'incorporated' the extra tree limb.
 
So below you can see that I added a swing.  Intially it was empty but you could still see a trace of the possum babies (we won't even go into how that happened).  So I tacked a raccoon down and he's happy swinging while the toddlers are sleeping. 
 
Here is the finished top to the wall hanging.  Now I'm going to work on the back putting all the scrap fabrics together.
 
 
Made my own continuous binding too!  Using the following link:
 
 
Initially I didn't see how that small piece of fabric would make enough binding for my wall hanging but it made more than enough.  So now, I will also pick up fabric to make my own double fold bias binding in whatever print/color I deem appropriate instead of using pre-made.
 
Now that the top is done, I'm off to a sew-in with some ladies from the Ohio Valley Quilt Guild (Cincinnati).  I've never done this and I'm looking forward to a day of quilting with others who feel the same.  I am bringing a home-made jelly roll to turn into a quilt top for my nephew.  It's the last of the graduation quilts.  How liberating it will feel once they are all machine quilted, bound and off to their new homes.
 
Need to go and finish some things around the house before I need to leave.
 
Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment