Saturday, April 21, 2012

Quilting Thoughts

Current projects:
-- the maple leaf/log cabin quilt that I'm currently working on as well as
-- the Craftsy' BOM. 
-- Mel's top is waiting to be machine quilted
-- quilting frame is waiting to be finished and put together
-- quilting room is waiting to be moved from 2nd floor to 1st floor (putting guest room on 2nd flr)

Then there are a number of quilting projects I'd like to do:
-- vest (for me)
-- a couple wall hangings (Christmas Wreath and Christmas Tree)
-- string quilt blocks -- a couple a month so in a year or so I'd have enough for a quilt
-- wall hanging for a children's day care center in NH
-- lap quilt for my nephew Matt
-- lap quilt for my nephew Mark

In between all of this I need to work a full-time job; clean my house (hubby's threatened to enroll me in a Molly Maid's course -- dusting is just not my thing); plan, prepare and plant a veggie garden; tend to my knock-out roses, and bushes; help hubby with some yard work; exercise, eat right, grocery shop, laundry, dishes, etc. and enjoy life.

Now that I've written down what I have to do.  I need to make a plan to get them done.

Oh yes, I also have to get my tush to the local church and join as I've been talking about doing this since we moved to Ohio in 2007!  There's a Nazarene church down the street from my house that looks inviting.  I also want to join the local quilt guild especially now that it's about 10 minutes from where I work (meets 1st Monday of the month).

1 comment:

  1. I got tired just reading your to-do list and it brought back memories of those long years of working full time....it's great to be retired!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete