Monday, March 5, 2012

Maple Leaf Blocks

This past week I've been busy with the maple leaf blocks plus routine household tasks (tends to get in the way of quilting but needs to be done).
Chain piecing half square triangles Sunday night

Friday I spent 1.5 hours putting together 10 blocks only to spend another 1.5 hours ripping out and correcting six of them because I had reversed two blocks.  Ugh! 

This past weekend I had hoped to spend a huge chunk of time quilting but alas that was not to be the case.   I did get to spend about one hour chain piecing the half square triangles together.  Now to move on to the stem blocks and putting the blocks together correctly. 

Getting ready to make the stem blocks -- blocks laid ready to piece
The goal is to work at least two hours on quilting today and getting the 21 blocks done!  Then I can move on to the log cabin portion of my quilt.   Psyched! 

Oldest and his family will be here in two weeks and I start a new job next Monday which will definitely cut into my quilting time but will give us the resources we need.

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment