Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What I've Been Up To

My oldest and his family will be down in a couple of weeks and I don't have proper bedding for them so ... what's a quilter to do.  *grin*

I have some blocks (14) that I received in a swap I did about 10 years ago and couldn't figure out what to do with them.


I've decided to make a quilt with them.  It will be queen size so more blocks are required.  I was thinking of adding some blues and greens but find I prefer the autumn colors.

I decided to add some 'dark' maple leaf blocks -- need about 36
Right now the plan is to alternate the maple leaf blocks with either plain blocks or half square light/dark triangles to speed the process along.  Originally I thought log cabins would look nice set in rows and I still might do that. 

My work/sewing table with strips, sets and blocks ready to go.
Need to close so I can get working on the quilt... first a run to the bank (real life demands attention). 

Blessings to you and yours ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment