Monday, May 21, 2012

Gardening

Poor DH (aka 'dear husband) was kept busy this weekend helping me get the raised beds up and planted.  We couldn't finish mother's day weekend due to rain on Sunday.


Top picture front bed has too much clay soil. We had amended the soil in a corner bed and thought we'd incorporate that into this bed...hopefully it will do fine with all the other good stuff we put in.  Planted squashes -- summer, zucchini, and winter along with cucumbers in this bed.

We ran out of mulch and were too exhausted to get more.  Planted tomatoes, herbs, peppers (green and hot and sweet banana), carrots, bush beans in this bed.  You might be able to see some green string separating the areas.  I've sort of following the Square Foot Gardening method but can't find my book ... it's in a box in the basement and I haven't had time to dig it out.

Also trying to get some quilting done.  There is a patriotic challenge at the quilt guild in July and I've started a wall hanging that I hope to have finished.  And there's also my log cabin/maple leaf quilt that I need to work on and get it done. 

Time to close.  ~~ more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment